Qigong (pronounced “chee-gong”) is an ancient art of energy cultivation, dating back over 5,000 years.
Qi means ‘life force energy’ and Gong means ‘skill’, so the practice of Qigong focuses on nourishing our life force and developing a refined skill to feel our energy systems.
Using awareness-based movement, intention, breath, self massage and visualisation, Qigong is renowned for its many benefits to the body, mind and spirit. The most common positive outcomes from regular practice being:
- Harmonises, balances and optimises the flow of energy in the body
- Creates inner empowerment and a deep connection to nature through seasonal practice
- Calms stress and stimulates the relaxation response to reset and balance the nervous system
- Allows the whole being to return to center and alignment, in order to function optimally
- Strengthens the immune system
- Transforms fatigue, tension, overwhelm, stress or anxiety
- Generates ‘space’ in the body so the Qi can flow easily through the 12 principle meridians
- Welcomes inner peace and stillness
Qigong flows, sequences and forms can become a moving meditation, where one movement flows effortlessly into the next. Calming the nervous system and creating an openness in the body, Qigong allows the mind to fall into a state of active relaxation while the body clears, circulates and nourishes energy.
Tory offers QiGong guidance sessions each week on Monday and Friday at 9:30-10:30am in Bangalow NSW – $20pp. All are welcome to come and enjoy the profound benefits and meet other likeminded locals.
If you feel you would like to come and join in, please email email@example.com.
Modern QiGong Teacher Certificate with Nicole Lee
Ongoing Advanced study under Marisa Cranfill, becoming a Yoqi Qigong Flow Certified Instructor.
Over 8 years personal practice and development.
“I have only recently discovered Qigong and the lovely Tory and I’m so thankful. The sense of calm, self awareness, balance and positivity I have gained even over the past few weeks has been astounding.
Tory is a caring, friendly and intuitive Qigong teacher, and I would highly recommend her guidance.” Wendy
“I have had the pleasure of going to Tory’s Qi Gong classes now for nearly a year & am so glad I started! 🌻 Tory’s gentle cheerful manner extends in her teachings which always leave you feeling vibrant, connected & alive! Qi Gong has really had a positive impact on my life & I am forever grateful to Tory for her beautiful classes. ” Vicki
“For the past 9 months or so, I’ve been attending Tory’s Qigong classes in Bangalow. Tory is an absolute delight: knowledgeable, intuitive, such a lighthearted spirit! I leave her classes feeling calm and centred. Highly recommend! 🙏🏻❤️”. Sandy